Monday, October 11, 2010

Flowgraph Research

Researching a simple action impulse node, I have managed to master the flowgraph successfully by mapping my own keys and further movements. In the experiment, I attached a flowgraph taken from http://wiki.crymod.com/index.php/Action_Impulse_Demonstration

This was attached to the model 'asian_truck' in sandbox 2. This added the function of making the truck move upwards in the world using a vector3 script whenever the 'h' key was pressed in game. I was able to further expand this using my own understanding of the flowgraph and mapped out my own directions for the truck to move in, adding in multiple nodes with the same properties, I altered the direction of the output for which the truck would be moved.


In addition to having the truck move upwards using the key input 'H', here is a list of key inputs I have added to the flowgraph:

H = UP
B = LEFT
L = FORWARD
J = RIGHT
N = DOWN

Since there only fwdDir, rightDir and upDir values found in the entityPOS node determining the direction of the entity, I used negative values within the vector3 scaling to make the truck move in the opposite direction of the list already given to me movements such as left, backwards etc. are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment